There is no doubt that it is important to make the eating habits of your kids healthier from a young age. It will result in creating a very positive effect on their overall upbringing. If you want your kids to follow a vegan without compromising with the health, then this article especially made for you. We understand it is not easier to feed the kids all the times. To make it better, our team will tell you about the top 10 most amazing vegan recipes for kids that you should try for sure. We ensure that you will fall in love with the taste of each dish. Let’s start this delicious journey now!
1. Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach
- This tasty dish won’t take more than half an hour to get cooked and need minimal ingredients. It is one of the best vegetarian recipes for kids that have 180 calories in a single serving. All you need is two tablespoon olive oil, 4 c. Baby spinach, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, kosher salt, one pinch cayenne pepper, and one medium butternut squash.
Method to cook
- Heat the oven and add butternut squash along with two tablespoons oil. Followed that, add a ½ teaspoon salt and pepper each and continue heating for 20 minutes.
- You should toss the almonds in a small pan simultaneously and heat it with the remaining oil. Now, add the cayenne and cinnamon in this bowl. Continue heat till the colors of almonds get changed. It won’t take more than five minutes.
- Add some spinach over both squash & almonds. Mix both the bowls together.
2. Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies
It is one of the best vegan recipes for kids due to its unique and delicious taste. They will fall in love with this dish and ask you to cook it again and again. There are certain ingredients that you need for making this dish.
This list consists of a ¼ cup each of unsweetened cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, melted coconut oil, almond butter, and coconut sugar. Also, you need two flax eggs, ½ cup almond flour, and a ¾ cup each unsweetened cocoa powder & vegan chocolate chips.
Method to cook
- You need to whisk ingredients like coconut sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a bowl. You should continue whisking until caramel gets resembled.
- Now, put cocoa powder in the bowl and mixed it well with the other ingredients. The mixture should be appropriately thickened. It is the best to scrape the sides of the bowl if required.
- After that, you need to add salt, flax eggs, and vanilla in the bowl. Don’t forget to mix them well. Now, fold in the almond flour for making a thick batter and make sure it doesn’t have any patches.
- Take a pan and pour the batter in it. Make it smoother into an even layer using a spoon. Bake this batter for at least 30 minutes.
- Leave it for two hours to allow them cool. Slice them in pieces and enjoy. You will find it one of the tastiest vegan recipes for kids.
3. Easy Vegan Protein Muffins
If you are looking for a quick and easy to cook recipe, then this simple recipe is made for you. This tasty dish can be prepared in a matter of minutes with minimum ingredients. You will forget about the unhealthy smoothies and start including it in the diet of your kids.
The ingredients needed for cooking these muffins include two flax eggs, two medium bananas, ½ teaspoon baking soda & sea salt, one ¼ yogurt, 2 cups rolled oats, ¼ cup maple syrup, 1/3 protein powder, and one of your favorite topping.
Method to cook
- Prepare Flax eggs in a bowl and add the ground flax & water in it. Leave this mixture for 10 minutes to make it thicker.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the food processor along with this mixture. Blend them for at least 2 minutes to ensure proper smoothness.
- Heat the oven simultaneously and grease the slots of a regular muffin tin. Ensure that the recipe remains free from oil with the help of paper liners.
- Now, you have to pour the mixture into all these slots carefully. Add some toppings in each one for better taste.
- Bake them until they become light golden brown. Add a strip in the middle of every muffin. Leave them in the pan for 10 minutes, so they get cooled. Then transfer the muffins in the cooling rack and let them get cooled for another 15 minutes.
- That’s not; now it is time for enjoying a fantastic dish.
4. Vegan Chickpea Flour Pancakes
This dish is one of the favorite vegetarian meals for kids due to its unique touch and fantastic taste. It is a classic Indian dish that can eat in the breakfast or even as an evening snack as they are quicker to cook. The ingredients needed for cooking this dish include ¼ teaspoon turmeric, salt, cayenne, and cumin seeds each. Also, you need 1 cup chickpea flour, one chopped hot green Chile, 1 ½ tablespoon safflower oil, and 1 ½ cup water.
Method to cook
- Whisk the chickpea flour with the ¾ cup water in a bowl for making a smoother mixture. Followed that, whisk ½ cup water for creating a batter completely free from lumps. It will help to maintain the smoothing consistency.
- Add ingredients like carom seeds, cilantro, cayenne, salt, turmeric, onion, chile, and one tablespoon oil. Mix all of them properly. Leave this batter for at least 5 minutes.
- Now, start heating a skillet at a medium range and add a few drops of oil once it becomes You can use a paper towel for spreading the oil. Pour a 1/4th cup of the batter in it and spread it in such a way that an 8-inch pancake can be cooked.
- Don’t forget to put some oil on its edges. When the bottom of the pancake becomes golden brown, and edges begin to leave the pan, you should flip it and cook for another three minutes.
- Follow the same instructions for all the pancakes. It is best to eat them hot with ketchup.
5. Black Bean Burgers
These amazing burgers can be an ideal option for lunch or dinner if your kids like spicy dishes. It is not only tasty to eat but also has a very nutritious value too. The ingredients that you need for cooking this dish include one chopped onion, four medium garlic cloves, ½ tsp. Ground cumin, 1 cup black beans, 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, ½ tsp. Ground pepper, 1 ½ coarse salt, one medium red bell pepper, 1 cup rice, hot sauce, and 2 tbsp. Ketchup.
Methods to cook
- First of all, add 1 tbsp. Oil and start heating it. Put ingredients like garlic, red pepper, and onion in it. Cook them at least for 10 minutes so that they get soft.
- Now, add ketchup, turmeric, and cumin in the pan. Let them cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Take the bowl of a food processor and add the above mixture along with beans and rice in it. Process them adequately so that they get mixed easily.
- Now, take a big bowl and combine the mixture created in the food processor with breadcrumbs. It can be seasoned with hot pepper sauce or salt if you want.
- Start heating a nonstick skillet and add 2 tbsp. Oil in it. Add a ¼ cup of beans mixture created in the previous step in the skillet. Flatten it into the shape of patties. Cook each side of these patties for 4-5 minutes. Follow this process for the remaining bean mixture. You can easily make 8-10 patties with this quantity of mixture.
6. Thai Pumpkin Soup
There is no doubt that it may be the easiest vegan recipes for kids that you can find in this list. It can be created in less than half an hour without much effort. You can give it to your child as an evening snack or even impress your guests in the dinner. The choice is up to you.
You need only four ingredients to cook this soup that makes it a perfect option when someone is in a hurry. The ingredient list includes 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste, one tin coconut milk, 2 pounds peeled & diced pumpkin, and 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
Methods to cook
- Heat the oil in a pan and add curry paste in it. Let it get fried over a normal heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once curry paste gets fried, you need to add the pumpkin in the pan and continue the frying process for another 3-4 minutes.
- After that, pour the coconut milk in the pan and let this mixture get boiled at a low-level heat for 20 minutes so that pumpkin gets softened.
- Leave it for a few minutes so that this mixture gets cooled. Mix them so that smoothness can be maintained.
- Add some coriander and serve to your kids.
7. Watermelon and Kiwi Ice Blocks
If you want a perfect dish for getting relief from the hot summer, then you should the watermelon and kiwi ice blocks without making any wait. They are the ideal option to cool them down and give your kid refreshing after a tiring day at ground or school. Apart from having a perfect taste, these ice blocks look very attractive to the eyes.
To make these blocks, you need ingredients like 70 g peeled kiwi fruit, 3 tsp natural cane sugar, and 220 g watermelon. Ensure that the watermelon doesn’t have any seeds.
Method to cook
- Process the watermelon in a food processor or blender. Don’t forget to check its taste and add sugar if required.
- This mixture needs to be divided into the molds. Make sure that each one is filled with only 75%.
- Place the sticks in the molds and let them get freeze for almost 3-4 hours in the freezer. The exact timings depend upon the type of refrigerator so you should make a check at regular intervals.
- Now, we will create the second layer of the blocks by whizzing the kiwi and adding 30 ml of water in a blender. Check the taste of this mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Took out the sticks from watermelon molds and poured this mixture into it. It is important to leave at least a 1 cm gap from the top. Put the stick into the molds and let it be a freeze. Eat it after 3 or 4 hours for amazing refreshment.
8. Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie
The Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie is one of tastiest vegetarian meals for kids as they enjoy it with a big smile on their face. This gluten-free recipe, along with yogurt coconut cream dressing is something that you can enjoy any time of day. It is best to eat with a cup of coffee.
The list of ingredients needed in this dish is a little bit longer, but the result is worthy to enjoy. It includes ¼ tsp baking powder, ½ cup vegan chocolate chips, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ½ cup oat flour, 2 tbsp coconut oil refined, 1 cup cooked chickpeas, 2 tbsp maple syrup & vanilla extract each, 4 tbsp coconut sugar and 1/3 cup nut butter.
Method to cook
- First of all, you need to heat the oven to a temperature of 180 degree Celsius.
- Take a food processor and add each ingredient mentioned other than chocolate chips in it. Process them until they get smoother. If you find it sweet, then add some sugar.
- Now, make a thick batter of almost 95% chocolate chips with the help of food. The rest will be used for garnishing purpose.
- Took a smaller cake pan and greased Add the butter and chocolate chips in it and sprinkle some chocolate chip on the top.
- Let it bake for at least 25 minutes. Followed it, allow this mixture to get cooled for 10 minutes. Divide them into pieces and enjoy with the whipped coconut cream and melted chocolate.
9. Apple Oatmeal Bars
This healthy and delicious oatmeal bar is a must try thing due to its unique look and ingredient combination. Enjoying the sweet layer of moist along with the oatmeal topping will make your day.
To make this dish, you need ingredients like ¼ cup coconut oil & pure maple syrup each, 1 medium diced apple, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup oat flour, 1 ½ old-fashioned oats, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ cup apple butter, ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 tbsp coconut sugar, and 1 ½ cup old-fashioned oats.
Methods to cook
- Mix the ingredients like sugar, cinnamon, oats, baking soda, oat flour, and nutmeg in a big bowl. On the other hand, preheat the oven and grease a baking dish using a spray or coconut oil according to the availability.
- Add other ingredients like coconut oil, applesauce, chopped apple, and maple syrup in the same big bowl used in the first instruction. Stir them for some time so that they get adequately combined.
- Keep half cup of this mixture aside and spread the remaining one evenly on the heated pan. Ensure that apple butter spread evenly on the mixture. Once this process gets over, you need to sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on the top.
- Let it get baked for half an hour. Followed that, allow it to get completely cool and then cut into bars. You can store them in the refrigerator or eat directly according to your choice.
10.Vegan Summer Vegetable Lasagna Rolls
This tasty vegetable dish is very delicious and healthy for the overall body. It can become part of any list involving vegetarian meals for kids due to its low-fat ratio and almost no involvement of preservatives.
In order to make this dish, you need ingredients like 32 oz pasta sauce, freshly ground pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 5 tbsp nutritional yeast, ½ cup chopped basil, 9 whole grain lasagna noodles, 1 ¼ tsp salt, 16 oz tofu, 1 yellow summer squash, 1 medium zucchini, ¾ cup roasted garlic, and 12 oz frozen spinach.
Method to cook
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 F and start cooking lasagna noodles. Then drain them and set aside.
- Take a dish and add 1 cup sauce in the bottom. Simultaneously, take a skillet and coat it with the ingredients like sauteed zucchini, summer squash, and olive oil. Heat them for at least 5-7 minutes, add ½ tsp salt and some pepper for seasoning. Leave them beside.
- Take a medium bowl and place tofu in it. Followed that, add the spinach, hummus, spinach, cooked zucchini & squash, basil, and ¾ tsp salt. Mix them using your fingers.
- Put the cooked noodles on a parchment paper and put a ½ cup of mixture on each of them and spread until they get adequately covered. Roll it carefully and repeat the process for the remaining ones. Spread the remaining sauce over the noodles and cover it with foil.
- At last, bake them for 35 minutes, and they are ready to eat.
It is important to maintain the health of your kids, and there is nothing that can be better than a vegan diet. You choose between any of the vegan recipes for kids that we have mentioned above. No need to get stress over the mishaps as they are common when one cooks something new. Tell us about your experiences in the comment section. It will help your fellow readers to understand the dish in a better way.