What attracts your kid? The obvious answer is fun. How to make your kids eat the veggies? The ultimate solution is food and fun. Someone somewhere found the right recipe for that particular fun food.
It is none other than Bird’s Nest Pasta. Yep! These are fun to have and healthy too. A bit of your creativity can dazzle your little one’s world.
The recipes are super simple and can be prepared within 30 minutes. Why not make the cooking time a bit interesting by inviting your kids to join you. Together with rock, the culinary world!
Below are given three special recipes – ‘Bird’s Nest Pasta (with Vegetables),’ ‘Birds Nest Pasta (with Chicken)’ and a special method of ‘Baked Bird Nest Vegetables.’
Starting off the list with
BIRD’S NEST PASTA (WITH VEGETABLES)
Total Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- ½ lb spaghetti (whole wheat)
- Some vegetables – Carrots, Peas, Pepper, Black Beans, Radishes ( or any veggies of your choice)
- 1½ tsp yeast (nutritional)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup butter (non-dairy)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tsp sea salt (divide it into 1tsp + 1tsp)
Steps to Follow:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the pasta (according to the package directions) until it becomes AL Dente. Remember to add 1 tsp of salt into the water while cooking the pasta.
- Slice the vegetables in a way you wish. For instance, you can try the carrots as the bird and peas as the eggs.
- When the bird cooking pasta gets cooked, drain it.
- Add the pasta to a pan with 1 tsp salt, olive oil, yeast, garlic powder, and butter.
- Toss the bird cooking pasta well with the ingredients.
- Once done, transfer them to another clean bowl and let them off for cooling.
- When the pasta gets cooled, form small nests with your hands by laying the noodles around a mini or standard sized muffin tin.
- Add the vegetables to the little hole made in the center by creating bird and eggs.
- Bake the pasta for 12-15 minutes until it becomes a light golden color.
- Make sure the pasta is uncovered.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and keep it to cool off.
- With the help of a spoon, transfer the nest pasta to a serving plate.
- The bird cooking pasta can be stored in the refrigerator and can be reheated before use.
BIRD NEST PASTA (WITH CHICKEN)
Total Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 pound chicken thighs (boneless; skinless)
- Two heads broccoli (sliced thinly)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
Steps to Follow:
- Cut the chicken thighs into thin strips.
- Add water to a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Salt the water generously and add bird cooking pasta to it.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Once cooked, drain the bird cooking pasta.
- Save a cup of the starchy water.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper.
- Then add it to the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes until it turns a golden brown color.
- Make sure you occasionally stir while cooking.
- Now, in a medium-size pot, add about 1-inch of water with a steamer basket.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Now add the broccoli clover and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the broccoli comes to desired tenderness.
- When done, remove from the pot and add to the chicken pan.
- Mix them well until combined.
- Return the pasta pot which is empty to the stove again.
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the pass with Parmesan cheese and toss them to coat thoroughly.
- Add the saved starch water to the pot. The water helps to loosen it up.
- Once done, swirl the pasta into a nest and place the broccoli and chicken in the middle.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Also Read: Awesome Grilled Asparagus Recipes
BAKED BIRD NEST VEGETABLES
Total Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- One zucchini (medium)
- Two carrots (medium; peeled)
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ½ onion (medium)
- One egg’s white (lightly beaten)
- One whole egg
- 2 tbsp flour (all-purpose)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs (panko)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (fresh cracked)
Step to Follow:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray cooking oil lightly over a large baking sheet and keep it aside.
- Slice the carrots and zucchini thinly with a hand spiralizer into a large bowl.
- Then slice the onion and baby spinach thinly and add them into the same bowl.
- Add the cheese, flour, eggs, bread crumbs to the bowl along with salt and pepper.
- Using two large forks, toss all the ingredients together.
- Toss them until they are combined well.
- Using the forks, scoop some vegetables, and transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Swirl the vegetables and shape them into a bird’s nest.
- Add a little more if the nest appears to be flat.
- Bake the vegetables for 17 minutes until it becomes golden brown color.
- Look for the edges too; it must turn crispy.
- When done, remove from the oven and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve them hot along with the dipping sauce.
Also Read: 10 Different Ways to Cook Eggs and Some Tips
Sounds fun? Then what are you waiting for? Try them all and enjoy it with your family. Share your experiences with us. Write to us if you any more exciting recipes. Comment below with your suggestions and feedback. If you liked our recipes, make sure you share them with your friends.