It gets even more interesting if the recipe is of your favorite food. The world’s been crazy about Tacos for centuries now. This messiest and tangiest meal will continue to be our desire. So, we are cooking ‘Honey Butter Chicken and Saucy Bean Tacos’ today.
Without further ado, let’s get to the ingredients that are going to help us with this delicious meal. Also, take a look at our tips we have added below for those best tacos.
Butter Chicken Ingredients:
- 3-4lb boneless chicken (thighs or breasts)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Mexican hot sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper for taste
Ancho Chilli Sauce (for the beans) Ingredients:
- 2 Ancho chilies (dried)
- 1 Guajillo chili (dried)
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ onion (charred)
- Two garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¾ tsp salt
Saucy Beans Ingredients:
- One can black beans (rinsed)
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- One clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Tacos Top Ingredients:
- Flour tortillas
- Queso Fresco Cheese
- Mexican Crema and Salsa Verde for garnishing
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with olive oil.
- Bake at 425F for about 45 minutes.
- Wait until cools, then cut the chicken into strips.
- Rehydrate the dried chilies-Boil water in a small pot. Add chilies and boil for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the chilies from the pot and strain stems or seeds remaining.
- Add the Ancho chili ingredients and the rehydrated chilies to a food processor and blend smoothly. Once done, keep it aside.
Also Read: Best ground turkey curry recipes
- Heat a pan and boil over medium-high heat. Add onion to the pan. Cook until they are dark golden brown and caramelized. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Add cumin and garlic until to get the fragrance
- Now add the beans, chili sauce and chicken stock to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally. Add seasoning or liquid if required.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Add 3 tbsp of oil, add onions and sauté until caramelized.
- Now remove the onions from the pan and add butter to the pan. Wait till a nutty smell. Then add hot sauce, honey, and vinegar. Stir nicely before adding each ingredient.
- Add the once cooked onion with the chicken and coat it with sauce.
- Assemble the tacos and fill the tortillas with chicken, beans, or any stuffing you like.
- For Salsa Verde and Crema- Mix ½ cup of sour cream with a ½ cup of whipping cream.
- Our suggestion for garnishing the tacos will be the above ingredients; you can find your options.
- Serve the tacos hot before it loses its charm.
Tips for the Best Tacos
Everybody falls for a delicious, taco meal. It is not that hard to impress your loved ones with your own Taco- Tuesdays. Just keep in mind the below points before getting your hands dirty:
Make sure you have the proper tortillas for your meal. Tortillas are the heart of tacos. Without the right tortillas, your taco may taste terrible. Use corn tortillas for their flavor and fragrance and use flour tortillas for bigger tacos because they are sturdier than the corns.
2. Soften the Tortillas
It is important to soften your tortillas. Place the tortillas in a skillet over medium-high until you see steam coming off. Flip the tortilla and cook the other side until steam shows up. It is recommended to wrap the tortillas with a towel for a few minutes after steaming. Also always remember to double the tortilla stack, because it helps to hold all the ingredients from falling.
Salsa is the next important component of that superior taco taste. The bad news about canned salsa is that they taste horrible. But the good news is that salsas can be made at home effortlessly. We have added a bonus of three recipes for home-made salsas. Keep in mind that hot sauces are not a substitute for salsas. Hot sauces are there to mark their existence and give the tacos their final touch. Valentina, Cholula, Tabasco will be our suggestions for hot sauces.
Morita Peanut Salsa:
- Two tomatillos
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- One onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 3-4 Chile de árbol
- 3-4 Morita chilies (dried)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Eight cloves garlic
- A handful of Peanuts (as needed)
Steps to follow:
Mix the vegetables with chilies, peanut, and oil in a bowl. Spread the mix to a sheet pan and roast in for 20 minutes under 350F. Keep an eye not to burn the peanuts. Once done, blend it with chicken stock (in a blender). Add salt to taste.
Tangy Salsa Verde:
- 2 Mexican husked tomatoes
- One white onion (small)
- Jalapeno peppers (or serrano peppers)
- Salt to taste
Steps to follow:
Chop the tomatoes and blend the rest of the ingredients well.
Earthly Salsa Roja:
- 2 Tomatoes
- One onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Chipotle peppers
- Cilantro (or oregano)
- Pinch of salt
Steps to follow:
Char the tomatoes with onion and the garlic in a skillet until few black spots appear. Blend the mix with the peppers, cilantro, and salt.
Be creative with your taco fillings. From vegetables to grilled fish, there are a variety of fillings you can go. Vegetables like mushrooms, Swiss chard, Zucchini, potatoes, poblanos, butternut squash, and pumpkin are perfect. Steak, pork, shrimp, fish, turkey, and even chicken also can make your taco tastiest. The best tip is to add something pickled, which will make it more delicious.
Also Read: Perfect Homemade Tacos Stuffed With Legumes
Taco topping is also something to be taken seriously. Your taco must have that beautiful superior texture that makes you fall in love within the first sight. Some ideas include Greek yogurt, guacamole, roasted corn, sour cream, shredded cheese, and even eggs.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get that apron of yours and go ahead with our recipes. Let us know your feedback and suggestions. Please do comment below.