Homemade tacos are the one food item that always leaves a good impression. They with equally blended fillings and topping are an epic win all the time. Today we are going for another lap with the recipes below. So without any delay, let’s go through the recipes.
Below we are introducing the ingredient for this taco meal
- 1 cup kidney beans (boiled; mashed)
- One onion (big; chopped)
- Two tomato puree
- Four cloves garlic (chopped)
- ¼ cup parsley leaves (chopped)
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper (crushed)
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds powder
- A 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- A 1 tbsp salt
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Preheat a pan over medium heat. Add oil to the pan.
- When heated enough, add onion to the pan.
- Sauté it for a minute to two until the onion turn golden brown.
- Then add the beans to the pan — Cook for at least a minute and a half.
- Later add cumin powder, tomato puree, garlic, parsley leaves, paprika, pepper, and tomato ketchup to the pan and cook for one and a half minutes.
- Wait till the mixture thickens.
- Once done, remove from flame and check the consistency.
- Get your taco shells ready for serving.
- Spread one tablespoon filling (as per your wish) with the help of a spatula.
- Spread a tablespoon of salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Have it with your favourite taco sauce.
Bonus: Here is a small tip on how to make Pico De Gallo at home. It is nothing but mixing up finely diced onions, tomatoes, parsley leaves, jalapenos with a pinch of rock salt and some lemon juice.
There is no limit when coming to Taco recipes. It is one of the versatile foods out there. In that case, we are adding two more methods with Tacos. Below you can find recipes for ‘Taco with Black Beans’ and ‘Gluten-free Chickpeas Taco.’
Also Read: Beer Battered Fish Taco
Tacos with Black Beans
- 3 cups black beans (cooked)
- One can (15 ounces) tomatoes with juices / 1 cup vegetable broth
- Take one red onion (chopped)
- One bell pepper (red or green) (chopped)
- Four cloves garlic (minced)
- Two tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Two tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
Steps to Follow:
- Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add the onion along with pepper to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until it gets soft.
- Then add garlic to the mix again cook for a minute.
- Now add in the beans, tomatoes/broth, chilli powder, cumin and wait until it starts boiling.
- Then, reduce the heat and cover it partially.
- Cook for 15 minutes and occasionally stir until the juice thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve the mixture in tortillas and add toppings like pickled onions, guacamole or any other options as per your wish.
Gluten-free Chickpea Taco
- Two cans of chickpeas (15.5 oz.) (rinsed; drained)
- Two avocados (diced)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 24 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tsp extra virgin oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups corn kernels
- Six corn tortillas
- Sriracha sauce
- Green Dragon sauce
Coconut Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp lime juice
- One clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ tsp salt
Steps to Follow:
- Heat olive in a pan.
- Add chickpeas with paprika, cumin, and salt to the pan
- Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat
- Make sure the peas have nicely blended with the spices.
- Then add the leaves and cook for almost 3 minutes.
- Now, for the sauce, whisk the coconut milk with lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and salt until they blend well together. Store in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Serve the tacos with this filling and drizzle with yogurt sauce and Sriracha sauce.
Tacos are the pretty much big deal everywhere. Tacos are those food items that makes us go crazy. Make your tacos more desirable with these recipes. Share your experience with us. Feel free to comment below in the comment section with your feedback and suggestions. Also if you have more interesting recipes, we would like to know it.